In my opinion
there are fewer things more delicious than fresh baked bread. There is something about making breads, or sweets that I find to be peaceful. When you feel a little wound up, I suggest you use my recipe for delicious warm slices of calm.
- Simple Bread Ingredients
- 2 cups warm water (100-110°)
- 1 ½ tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour (bread or all-purpose)
Follow these simple instructions:
- In a large bowl dissolve sugar and warm water, then add yeast. Set aside until yeast is foamy.
- Add oil and salt to the yeast. Mix in 1c of flour at a time.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Place in a well-oiled bowl turn and coat dough. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise for about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Knead for a few minutes and divide in half, shape in 2 loaves and place in well-oiled loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350, while letting the loaves rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Be Kind, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!