The holidays are rapidly approaching, and whether you are hosting or travelling to someone else’s home you will have to make something. There are a few things that I am always asked to make, but one of the most requested is my spicy stuffed mushrooms. Between Thanksgiving and New Year’s, I attend at least 10 events, therefore, I make mine in large batches vacuum seal and freeze them so that I have them for all the parties and I am not making them every week, (I know I already wrote a blog about vacuum sealing, but I will say it again and again, buy a vacuum drawer or a vacuum sealer it will make the holiday season so much less stressful.) This recipe is so simple 5 ingredients plus salt and pepper for seasoning the meat, it can be made ahead or the day.
Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 mushroom caps
- 3 fresh jalapenos (chopped)
- 1lb spicy sausage
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2c Shredded Jack Cheese
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- If cooking immediately preheat oven to 400
- Wipe mushroom caps and remove the stems.
- Dice jalapeno and mushroom stems (set aside.)
- Heat a large skillet and brown sausage (medium heat.)
- Add jalapeno and mushrooms to sausage cook for 1 minute then turn off.
- Add cream cheese and ¼ cup of shredded cheese to sausage and mix.
- Stuff mushroom caps and top with cheese. (If any mixture remains you can either freeze and save it or cook it a separate dish and serve with crostini)
- If cooking, place in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly, if saving lay flat in Ziplock or vacuum seal bag and save until needed can be cooked from frozen (425 for about 20-30 minutes)
- Enjoy and have a safe and happy holiday!