How To Make Cherry Cheesecake
We’re going to start with your favorite cheesecake recipe. I’m making 2 – one batch of individual cheesecakes (with a recipe I’m happy to share if you want it); and one of Ed’s mother’s cheesecake recipe (This one is a family recipe, and not one I’m sure she’ll want me to share…)
- 1 baked and cooled cheesecake (your favorite recipe, or even one you’ve bought and just want to dress up.)
- 5 cups (1 ½ lbs.) frozen or fresh pitted cherries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp almond extract
TO MAKE THE TOPPING
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cherries, sugar and 3 tbsp water until heated through.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the remaining 1 tbsp water.
- Add cornstarch and almond extract and cook until sauce thickens (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- Let cool completely.
- Spoon over cheesecake just before serving.
Linda DaveyIn-house Executive Chef, KAM Appliances