This recipe is my go-to on a busy night and it requires a very little amount of time. My youngest son says. that he will never starve as long as he can make this meal. So at any given time you will find all of these ingredients in my pantry and fridge
- 1lbs ground meat
- 1 can red kidney beans or white beans
- 1 can diced tomato (I love fire roasted but whatever you have on hand)
- 4cups broth (can be just water if needed add extra flavoring if using water)
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder and cumin
- Shredded cheese and sour cream if you have for garnish
(can add onions, jalapeños, corn, bell peppers if you have them)
Follow these simple instructions:
- In a large stock pot brown, the brown the ground meat also where you would add fresh ingredients (I season with a dash of salt and pepper), drain the fat.
- Add canned tomatoes, beans, broth and seasoning. If you are adding other canned vegetables add them now too. Stir together. Bring to a boil and then let simmer minimum of 8 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Top with cheese and/or sour cream if needed.
Be Kind, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!